The aim of the European Forum for Primary Care (EFPC) is to improve the health of the population by promoting strong Primary Care. This is done by advocating for Primary Care, by generating information and evidence on Primary Care and by exchanging information between the members of the Forum. EFPC was initiated in early 2005 by a group of interested parties from several countries. EFPC is based at NIVEL – the Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
EFPC is inviting applicants to apply for the position of:
EFPC Coordinator, junior position
For an average of maximum 32 hours/week based in Utrecht, The Netherlands
Core activities and responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the EFPC coordinator (available for 16 hours per week):
- Planning and organization of EFPC activities
- Communication with EFPC members and potential members
- Coordination of projects in which the EFPC is involved (PRIMORE phase II, BeWell)
- Selecting content for the two-weekly EFPC newsflash
- Coordinating the development of an online platform for the EFPC
- Facilitating and editing of content for the EFPC website & online platform
- Providing support to the EFPC Working Groups, supervising a network of students involved in support to the Working Groups
- Coordination of the development of EFPC Position Papers
- Assisting in the organization of EFPC events (PRIMORE meetings, summer courses, masterclasses, conferences, workshops, webinars)
- Networking for the Forum through visiting conferences, visits or email contacts with (potential) member organizations and the use of social media
- Organizing a yearly competition on the development of Interprofessional Primary Care research developed by young researchers
- Assisting in the development of EU applications
- EFPC members and potential members are informed, engaged, facilitated regarding EFPC and its activities
We ask for
- A clear commitment to the Network’s strategic vision and values
- Preferably experience in the field of public health and primary care
- At least a master-level degree in (international) public health, social sciences or one of the primary care-related disciplines
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with higher-level officials and professionals
- Networking and communication skills and competencies to connect relevant organizations and persons, and facilitate strategic partnerships with leverage
- Understanding of knowledge management in an interdisciplinary environment
- The skills to use a variety of communication tools (presentations, newsletters, papers and social media content) and online collaboration tools
- Ability to facilitate necessary proactive activities
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and other European languages (clear advantage).
Salary depending on experience, between 25.000 and 30.000 euro gross salary per year based on 32 hours per week.
The initial assignment is for one year, with the possibility of an extension. The prefered starting date is January 1, 2023.
For further information about this position, please contact Diederik Aarendonk, EFPC coordinator, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone: +31 6 29359635. General information about EFPC can be found at www.euprimarycare.org
Applications specifying abilities and interest for this position including a curriculum vitae should be sent before December 15, 2022 to EFPC, email@example.com.